Ministries of Faith

Faith UMC has ministry opportunities available to meet everyone's needs. Explore the opportunities below for more information.

Prayer Ministry
Faith has an active prayer ministry that prays for those attending the church, for church ministries and any prayer requests provided to the group.  Prayer requests to this group are confidential and are not shared on the prayer chain unless requested.  Please contact our church office at 620-663-2676.


Prayer and Meditation Room

Men's Ministry
Men's Fellowship and Breakfast
Held each Wednesday at 7:30AM at Spangles on 30th Street.

Monthly Work Days
Held on the last Saturday of each month.  The group meets at the church at 8 a.m. for breakfast followed by work projects and maintenance at the church building or at the parsonage.

Quarterly Area Wide United Methodist Men Gathering
Men from United Methodist churches in the Hutchinson District meet for a meal, fellowship and a program whenever there is a fifth Sunday in a month. Participating churches rotate in hosting the gathering.  Contact the church office for more details.

Women's Ministry
The United Methodist Women (UMW) is a fantastic group of women who are committed to Christian mission locally, nationally, and globally.  More than one million women across the country are members of the United Methodist Women.

Through our organization, we participate in mission through the work of the General Board of Global Ministries of which the Women's Division is a part.  Our special emphasis is on women, youth, and children.  We support mission activities and partnerships in thousands of communities in every state of the U.S. and in over fifty counties around the world.

Any woman may join the United Methodist Women by committing herself to our purpose by participating in meetings, prayer, giving, study, action, or service.  As an organization, we celebrate our diversity and inclusive membership.  We expand our horizons by committing ourselves to mission work in our communities and beyond.  If we were to sum up our purpose, we would say "Mission is the reason for being!"  Mission is also our reason for "doing."

UMW meets the 2nd Thursday of most months at the church.  Contact the church office at 620-663-2676 for more details.

Hutchinson Community Ministries Clothing Center
June and December are Faith's months as United Methodists to send volunteers to the Fair Priced Clothing Store.  Volunteers are needed from 9:00AM to 3:00PM each Wednesday and Friday during our assigned months.  
The Fair Priced Clothing Store accepts donation of clean, gently used clothing at the aforementioned days and times.
The Fair Priced Clothing Store is located at 818 W 4th Street.

Youth Ministry
Faith has had a very active group of youth in the past, but they have all grown up and are now attending college.  
After yearly mission trips, the youth participated in regular service projects in the Hutchinson area including ministering at nursing homes, assisting church members with projects and in other ways to live out their faith.

Children's Ministry
Children's Sunday School - All ages welcome!
Sundays at 9:45AM

Mission Activities
Faith participates in a variety of mission projects throughout the year.  
Projects include our Annual Angel Tree at Christmas, United Way painting projects, and Food Bank collections.

Faith has several members with first responder certification who are able to volunteer to support recovery efforts after storms..  

Faith UMC has partnered with a circuit of UMC chuches in the Mutare District on the East Side of Zimbabwe.  
Three churches and one preaching point make up the Zimuyua West Circuit. This developing partnership includes sending financial support each year plus including these churches in prayer.  The Zimbabwe churches pray for us and teach us much about living out the gospel in difficult circumstances.
Due to the political climate, the employment rate in the region is approximately 2% leaving the unemployment rate at approximately 98%. Despite the circumstances, their UMC is growing at over 10% each year with vital ministries including running schools, hospitals and clinics, and other community projects.






Music Ministry
Our 8:30AM service features traditional hymns directed by a song leader.

Our 10:45AM service includes a blend of traditional hymns and contemporary songs lead by a worship team.  

The Music Coordinator leads an intergenerational choir that enhances the service during the school year.  
The choir practices on Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30PM, in the church sanctuary.  
We always welcome new voices!  The choir and individuals provide special music for many services and special times throughout the year.




Call or email the church office for more information on our ministry programs.
620-663-2676